Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Uh Oh Plagiarism


Plagiarism is a serious offense which may lead to academic probation or being expelled from an university or college. These consequences apply whether the act of plagiarism was intentional or accidental. There is one rule that will eliminate any type plagiarism, give credit to the authors.

I had a personal experience where an associate stole my idea for a project. I was not aware of the situation and turned my idea in before I did. Words could not describe the feeling that overcame by body.

Professionally, if plagiarism occurs I think the author of the material should turn the colleague to a supervisor. This is in a perfect world, but in reality sometimes the actual author doesn't receive credit for their work. YES, the Internet does blur "legally owned" lines from websites. I have visited websites where this information doesn't appear on the actual the company's page. SAY NO TO PLAGIARISM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers